Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Brother

My brother is cool. There are many reasons this is so and I intend to elaborate more on this at some point. But one of the reasons my brother is so cool is that he would understand why I bought the movie "Ice Pirates".
I don't know how long it's been since he has seen it, if he even remembers Lanky Nibs. I had forgotten him. But I hadn't forgotten the essence of this cinema classic.
As children we watched the strangest movies over and over. Maybe "Foul Play" was a light enough comedy for multiple viewings, but "Mommie Dearest"? "Ice Pirates" was one of these. It has an all-star cast- Robert Urich, John Matuszak, John Carradine, Ron Perlman, and the very imposing Anjelica Huston.
I watched it the other day and it made me happy. I'm lucky to have had such a fun movie buddy as Si.

No comments: